Unable to run pip in Windows 10

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 11:50:13 EDT 2017

"Access is denied" sounds like you've installed Python for all users
(i.e. in C:\Program Files) and you're not using an elevated prompt to
run pip. If you have Python in C:\Program Files, you either need to
install modules in your user environment (via pip install --user)
which means they'll only be visible to you, or you need to be running
as a system administrator to install them for anyone (which means
running pip from a command prompt that was opened via "run as
administrator")

Paul