The "loop and a half"

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Oct 7 10:40:36 EDT 2017

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 11:54 pm, bartc wrote:

> So my programs that use Escape on Windows needed
> to use Escape Escape on Linux to get around that.

Or you could just follow the expected Unix interface instead of inventing your
own.

Back in the days when I used a Mac (long before OS X), I used to hate it when
Windows developers would port their software to Mac. With the exception of a
few big software companies like Microsoft, who had actual Mac teams, they
would do what you do: completely ignore the Apple UI guidelines and port
their unfamiliar and arbitrary user interfaces to the Mac software, making it
essentially unusable.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.