The "loop and a half"

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri Oct 6 21:50:12 EDT 2017

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 06:21 am, Chris Angelico wrote:

> I'm not sure what printing to a window or image would mean, or how
> it's useful, but sure.

Print to window: Print Preview.

Print to image: export to pdf or jpg or png.

More useful for rich GUI apps than plain old text apps, but the basic
principle is still sound. I recently had a HUGE LibreOffice draw document,
containing a very long mathematical formula, and the only practical way for
me to turn it into an image was by taking 14 screenshots and then merging
them by hand. A working export to PNG command would have been really useful.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.