The "loop and a half"

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Oct 5 20:59:27 EDT 2017

On 10/04/2017 04:50 PM, Stefan Ram wrote:

> names: are sequences of letters and stand for values
> function names: names that stand for callable values
> function call operator: calls a callable value (first operand)
> argument: if present, it's value is passed to the function
>
>    And, lo, I have explained everything one needs to know
>    to understand the expression

No, you haven't.  What is a value?  What does callable mean?  Why is a function a value?

I taught myself assembly from a book when I was 16, and that was far easier to understand than your explanation.  I
understand that teaching is hard, but please don't make learning harder than it already is.  One does not need to
understand fluid dynamics nor specific gravity in order to swim.

--
~Ethan~