The "loop and a half"

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Oct 5 02:59:55 EDT 2017

Stefan Ram wrote:

> bartc <bc at freeuk.com> writes:
>>Note that your reverse-indentation style is confusing!
>
>   In Python, indentation can be significant.
>
>   Sometimes, some lines in Python must be indented by 0.

Are there any editors that do not support a dedent operation?
In the interactive interpreter you can work around

    print("Oh my god, this won't run!")

with

>>> if "heureka":
...     print("Oh my god, this won't run!")
Oh my god, this won't run!

>   This dictates that Python code cannot be indented
>   in posts to differentiate it from the natural-language
>   body of the post. Therefore, it's rather the
>   natural-language body that has to be indented.

That appears compelling. Can you find a flaw in the logic?