Asking help about Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 23:07:12 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 1:48 PM,  <yennguyen.agar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I now do need to re-compile the Python 2.7 with VisualStudio 2012.
> Can anyone here kindly give me any help? I appreciate any kind of help: hints, learning sources, or ideally show me some instructions :(.
>
> Thank you.

This is not going to be easy. Why do you want to? Are you trying to
make a patched version of Python, or are you simply looking to get the
latest?

Python 2.7 is not intended to be compiled with VS 2012. The official
Windows builds use VS 2008. Trying to change compilers - even versions
of the same compiler - is going to be a hairy job. Unless you are
EXTREMELY comfortable with building large applications from source, I
do not recommend this.

ChrisA