Easier way to do this?

20/20 Lab lab at 2020fresno.com
Wed Oct 4 12:42:18 EDT 2017

Looking for advice for what looks to me like clumsy code.

I have a large csv (effectively garbage) dump.  I have to pull out sales
information per employee and count them by price range. I've got my code
working, but I'm thinking there must be a more refined way of doing this.

---snippet of what I have---

EMP1 = [0,0]
EMP2 = [0,0]
EMP3 = [0,0]

for line in (inputfile):
     content = line.split(",")
     if content[18] == "EMP1":
         if float(content[24]) < 99.75:
             EMP1[0] += 1
         elif float(content[24]) > 99.74:
             EMP1[1] += 1
     if content[18] == "EMP2":
         if float(content[24]) < 99.75:
             EMP2[0] += 1
         elif float(content[24]) > 99.74:
             EMP2[1] += 1
     if content[18] == "EMP3":
         if float(content[24]) < 99.75:
             EMP3[0] += 1
         elif float(content[24]) > 99.74:
             EMP3[1] += 1

and repeat if statements for the rest of 25+ employees.  I can make a
list of the employees, but I'd prefer to pull them from the csv, as our
turnover is rather high (however this is not important).  I'm thinking
another "for employee in content[18]" should be there, but when I tried,
my numbers were incorrect.

Any help / advice is appreciated,

Matt