Multithreaded compression/decompression library with python bindings?

Thomas Nyberg tomuxiong at gmx.com
Wed Oct 4 05:19:21 EDT 2017

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here knew of any python libraries with
interfaces similar to the bzip2 module which is also multithreaded in
(de)compression? Something along the lines of (say) the pbip2 program
but with bindings for python? Obviously the multi-threaded part will
need to be handled by the underlying library code and not the python
code itself.

If that's too much to ask (I haven't found anything myself after all),
if anyone here happens to have any experience using similar C++ (or
possibly C) libraries I am certainly open for any recommendations. :)

Thanks in advance!
Thomas