newb question about @property

Bill BILL_NOSPAM at whoknows.net
Tue Oct 3 02:01:28 EDT 2017

Bill wrote:
> Chris Angelico wrote:
>> Decorators are fairly straight-forward if you understand higher-order
>> functions.  <snip>
>>
>> ChrisA
>

> I was just minding my own business, and thought to write my first
> decorator for a simple *recursive* function f.  The decorator WORKS if
> f does not make a call to itself
> (it really wasn't).

Using the (PyCharm) debugger, I determined that my inner function that
was calling my wrapped (Fibonacci sequence) function but wasn't
returning anything to the invoking environment. I fixed it for the sake
of a good, if costly, lesson.  Not much of a wrapper, but it "works".  A
version which merely prints a tab before the function call, instead of a
row of asterisks produces output which is more interesting to look at.

def wrap(func):
     def inner(*args, **kwargs):
         print('*'*20)
         a= func(*args, **kwargs)