on a very slow function

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Mon Oct 2 06:01:00 EDT 2017

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 06:41 pm, Peter Otten wrote:

> I'd rather not show the actual number, but

> 12534884

Which is approximately 3773408 decimal digits.

Using the American system of large numbers, that's approximately a
duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-
duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-
duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-
duotrigintillion-duotrigintillion-...-duotrigintillion or so, where the dots
represent thirty-eight thousand one hundred more duotrigintillions.

A trifling number, much smaller than a googolplex.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.