newb question about @property

Bill BILL_NOSPAM at whoknows.net
Sun Oct 1 18:47:32 EDT 2017

Stephan Houben wrote:
> Op 2017-10-01, Bill schreef <BILL_NOSPAM at whoknows.net>:
>> I watched an example on YouTube where someone wrote a simple descriptor
>> ("@Time_it) to output the amount of time that it took ordinary functions
>> to complete.    To be honest, I AM interested in descriptors.
> Are you sure you are not confusing deSCRIPTtors and deCORAtors here?

Yet, you are absolutely correct!  Thank you for clarifying! From your
description, I can see that it was *decorators*, which drew my
interest.  It appears that *property* is perhaps both a decorator and a
descriptor, at least when used as in the examples we have been
discussing.  According to the language grammar, which all newbys like me
should have handy (remember my ADT acronym from another thread?),
decorators can be applied to a classdef, a funcdef, or a async_funcdef
(the latter I assume is a "callback" function definition).   Surely the
difference in syntax between funcdef and async_funcdef will be revealed
to me by looking closer at the grammar! : )

Bill