[OT] - Re: Has anyone worked on docker with windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 14:25:07 EST 2017

On 30 November 2017 at 18:49, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for running Windows applications in a Windows container, this is not
> possible using any container technology I'm aware of.  I'm sure MS could
> one day build Windows-centric containerization into Windows, but there's
> no support now.  I guess they haven't figured out how to work out the
> licensing.  Proprietary licensing and containers would be complex.

Way off topic certainly, but I just installed Docker for Windows
yesterday, and it has an option on the menu "Switch to Windows
containers". From a very quick Google search, it looks like there is
support for running Windows-based containers in docker now. There's an
image microsoft/windowsservercore available, which suggests this is a
supported solution.

Paul