How to upload to Pythonhosted.org

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 29 20:41:13 EST 2017

On 11/30/2017 02:06 AM, waylan wrote:
> I've been hosting documentation for many years on pythonhosted.org. However, I can't seem to upload any updates recently. The homepage at http://pythonhosted.org states:
>
>> To upload documentation, go to your package edit page (http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=pkg_edit&name=yourpackage), and fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
>
> However, there is no longer a form at the bottom of the edit page for uploading documentation. Instead I only see:
>
>> If you would like to DESTROY any existing documentation hosted at http://pythonhosted.org/ProjectName Use this button, There is no undo.
>>
>> [Destroy Documentation]
>
> I also went to pypi.org and logged in there. But I don't see any options for editing my projects or uploading documentation on that site.
>
> So, how do I upload an update to my documentation?
>
> Waylan

I ran into the same issue. From what I gathered, Pythonhosted.org is in the process of
being dismantled and it hasn't allowed new doc uploads for quite some time now.
I switched to using readthedocs.io instead. That one is faster and has the additional
benefit that you can configure it in such a way that you don't have to upload docs
yourself anymore; it can rebuild them on the fly when it detects a change in your github
repo

Irmen