Compile Python 3 interpreter to force 2-byte unicode

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Wed Nov 29 09:01:41 EST 2017

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 19:46 , <wojtek.mula at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 1:00:19 AM UTC+1, Terry Reedy wrote:
> I have to fix a bug in my C extension that appears only in UCS-2 python
> (i.e. Windows). I can reboot to Windows and debug there, but it's pain
> in a neck for various reasons.

In my opinion if you want to fix a bug that shows up only on Windows, you
need to test it on Windows.

It's likely that you're right and a narrow build of python 2 on Linux will
expose and enable you to debug the same issue, but have you ruled out the
possibility of any other cross-platform incompatibilities playing a part?

--
Matt Wheeler
http://funkyh.at