Pros and cons of Python sources?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Tue Nov 28 16:29:55 EST 2017

On 28Nov2017 21:23, Martin Schöön <martin.schoon at gmail.com> wrote:
>Den 2017-11-27 skrev Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>:
>> But if the package is mainstream you're probably ok? You could just live
>> with it and do no more damage.
>>
>> Otherwise, look to see what python packages are installed which you think you
>> may have pipped, and reinstall those. But also, pip tends not to install things
>> that are already present, so you might be fine.
>>
>The reason I think all is not well is the fact that pip list no only
>results in a list of packages but at the end of the list (which does
>not look complete) there is a bunch of error messages.

Please post them. Maybe someone has some insight. (Also post the pip command
itself producing the messages.)

>Running Python scripts has worked without issues so far.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> (formerly cs at zip.com.au)

Real computer scientists don't comment their code.  The identifiers are so long
they can't afford the disk space.