Benefits of unicode identifiers (was: Allow additional separator in identifiers)

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:06:29 EST 2017

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Thomas Jollans <tjol at tjol.eu> wrote:
> On 23/11/17 19:42, Mikhail V wrote:
>> I mean for a real practical situation - for example for an average
>> Python programmer or someone who seeks a programmer job.
>> And who does not have a 500-key keyboard,
>
> I don't think it's too much to ask for a programmer to have the
> technology and expertise necessary to type their own language in its
> proper alphabet.

And I don't think it is too much of benefit of using two scripts in one
source to compensate the need to constantly switching. Do you
have a method to input e.g. Cyrillic and Latin without switching the
layout? If I just use few extra chars, then I'll bind a keyboard shortcut.
but even a two-language input is annoyance.
And I need to use Cyrillic and Latin constantly, so I know how it feels.

Mikhail