"help( pi )"

Python python at bladeshadow.org
Fri Nov 17 22:38:56 EST 2017

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 02:19:25PM +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Python <python at bladeshadow.org> wrote:

> >> Did you read my post?
> >
> > Yes!  Did you read mine?  I tried to explain to you that what you're
> > suggesting doesn't really fit Python's paradigm: Doc strings describe
> > their owner class, not individual instances--the class' doc string is
> > where the description of your class (or module--same thing) attributes
> > should go.
>
> I gave a detailed example of something that was NOT a docstring. That
> was, in fact, the whole point of my post.

Ah... Sorry, I didn't find that to be clear from your post, even after
rereading it... I took it to mean that *conceptually* it was different
from a doc string, but still actually using the doc string via some
magic, the description of which I honestly found kind of vague and
hand-wavey, not so much detailed.  And TBH I still do, even now that I
have a better idea what you're talking about.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Apologies
for my confusion.