"help( pi )"

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 11:15:51 EST 2017

On 17 November 2017 at 15:52, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>:
>> numbers don't have docstrings.
>
> There's no reason they couldn't:

In the sense that the Python object model could be amended to attach
docstrings to instances of classes like "int", and syntax could be
added to the language to write those docstrings in your code, then
yes, of course there's no reason they couldn't.

I'd say "patches gratefully accepted" but actually I suspect
"justifications for why the extra complexity is worth it, followed up
with a patch, might just be accepted if the justification were
*extremely* strong" is more accurate ;-)

Paul