Re: Windows - py363 crashes with "vonLöwis.py"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 16 13:27:14 EST 2017

On 11/16/2017 5:51 AM, breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 8:43:24 AM UTC, wxjm... at gmail.com wrote:

Mark: Jmf's troll posts to the Google group are not propagated to
python-list and the gmane mirror except when people, like you here,
quote him.  Please stop.
>> Do you remember stringbench.py ? Years later, I still do
>> not understand how it is possible to write a test module,
>> which is supposed to test Unicode and does not even
>> contain a non ascii char...

For the benefit of any unicode newbies who read Mark's post but
have not read
https://docs.python.org/3/reference/lexical_analysis.html#string-and-bytes-literals
,
by using \uxxxx, \Uxxxxxxxx, and \N{name} escape sequences in string
literals.

--
Terry Jan Reedy