Re: Windows - py363 crashes with "vonLöwis.py"

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:04:31 EST 2017

Le jeudi 16 novembre 2017 13:37:20 UTC+1, Thomas Jollans a écrit :
> On 2017-11-16 11:51, breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote:
> >> 2) Put "café.py" in python36.zip
>
> This is rather unorthodox. Perhaps the OP (or someone else) can clarify
> whether this is necessary: does the non-ASCII filename have to be in the
> stdlib zip? Does it have to be imported? Can it be in any other zip file
> on sys.path? Also...
>

> >> 3) Launch python.exe
> >
> > So I'll repeat my question, does it segfault or does it give a traceback?
>
> Indeed.

- Yes I'm aware of the asccii limitation of stdlib, but still I
think the problem is elsewehre.

- This zip technology has always been a perpetual mess.

- For a windows user, a zip looks like a dir, a compressed
directory with limitation (see below [x]).

- It's beyond my knowledge. If MS does not allow executables
in such dirs, there are probably good reasons.

- [x] On my Western European box.
If I attempt to put Москва.txt in a compressed zip dir, I'm
receiving the following msg.

[Window Title]
Erreur des Dossiers compressés

[Content]
Impossible de compresser ’D:\XXX\names\Москва.txt’, car il comporte des
caractères qui ne peuvent pas être utilisés dans un dossier compressé,
tel que ’Москва’. Renommez le fichier ou le répertoire.

[OK]