Ideas about how software should behave

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Nov 10 21:13:36 EST 2017

Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:

> On 11/10/17 6:03 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:
> >> Beyond just respect and compassion, this discussion has mentioned
> >> "changing people's minds" a few times.  How's that going?
> > Impressively well, in my opinion.
>
> It seems to me that Steve has not changed Jon's mind at all.

Oh, my comment wasn't intending to speak for any of the participants in
this thread on whether their minds are changed. I didn't realise that's
what you wanted to ascertain.

I was giving the general response that, admirably often, I see people's
opinions changed here as a result of discussing an idea and critically
examining it, respecting the members here to engage with ideas and get
to the truth of a matter. It works well, and it's a reason I recommend
people to this forum.

--
 \          “That's all very good in practice, but how does it work in |
  `\                                             *theory*?” —anonymous |