Easiest way to access C module in Python

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Tue Nov 7 09:20:40 EST 2017

On 07/11/2017 13:30, Thomas Jollans wrote:
> On 2017-11-07 12:53, bartc wrote:
>> Having
>> said that, I located pip.exe, trying typing 'pip install cffi' and it
>> seemed to be doing something but then failed with a bunch of errors.)
>
> So you're missing out on all of PyPI? That's tragic. You should really
> try to fix that. I'm sure people on this list will be happy to help if
> you start a new thread with some details of what is happening on your
> system.

You've lost me. I had to look up pyPI and it's something to do with a
Package Index. But I don't know how that relates to installing Cython.

The problem with pip was in Py3.4. I also have Py3.6, and that didn't
have pip at all. Or it is something that itself needs to be installed
first? Or is pyPI a new thing that replaces it?

I'm not a serious Python user so it's not worth the effort of going
around in circles trying to get these things working. I remember how
difficult it was to get Numpy going a couple of years back.

If it's already built-in, then fine, but if not, forget it. But for me
it doesn't matter.

--
bartc