Python Mailing list moderators

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Mon Nov 6 12:53:59 EST 2017

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 17:28:05 -0500, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 11/5/2017 4:14 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> On 05Nov2017 13:09, Στέφανος Σωφρονίου <stefanossofroniou542 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>> More and more nonsense are coming in and I find it really difficult to
>>> follow any new post that may come and I have to either search for
>>> specific content or scroll down until I hit it by accident.
>>>
>>> Can we do something about it?
>>> It's getting really frustrating :/
>>
>> It seems from the headers on your message that you're actually using the
>> comp.lang.python newsgroup and not the mailing list. The newsgroup is
>> completed unmoderated.  The mailing list is far less noisy.
>>
>> Go here:

>> and subscribe, and see if things seem better than the newsgroup.
> Or point your newsreader to news.gmane.org group
> gmane.comp.python.general, which mirrors python-list.
[snip]

Or use a newsgroup reader that can be easily taught to ignore certain
subjects or posters.  Or buy your newsgroup service from a provider that
does some filtering.  I use slrn to read news from news.individual.net,
and see only a handful of spam posts on a typical day.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.