Thread safety issue (I think) with defaultdict

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 07:26:17 EDT 2017

On 02/11/17 20:24, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Thank you. I've had this argument with many people, smart people (like
> Steven), people who haven't grokked that all concurrency has costs -
> that threads aren't magically more dangerous than other options.

I'm with Steven.  To be fair, the danger with threads is that most
people don't understand thread-safety, and in particular don't
understand either that they have a responsibility to ensure that shared
data access is done properly or what the cost of that is.  I've seen far
too much thread-based code over the years that would have been markedly
less buggy and not much slower if it had been written sequentially.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd