right list for SIGABRT python binary question ?

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Thu Nov 2 07:26:16 EDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 04:28:02PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> >>I understand. Thank you for the explanation. This may seem
> >>like a dumb question: the actual address that gets corrupted
> >>varies from run to run (it may be the same "place" in the
> >
> > 	Since the process virtual memory space should be the same on each run
>
> Not with modern OS kernels:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomization

I feared as much. However, I discovered that during
subsequent runs the address seems stable due to shared
libraries being preloaded: On the first run the affected code
is loaded at some randomized address and the corruption is
hit at a certain address giving me the value to watch on
during subsequent runs, as long as the affected code is not
evicted from being preloaded the address is stable.

I have posted backtraces taken from the address being
watched. Does that help any at all ?

Thanks,
Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346