How to install Python package from source on Windows

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Tue May 30 13:57:40 EDT 2017

On 30/05/2017 18:46, Deborah Swanson wrote:

>> My strong suspicion is that the reason I'm actually seeing
>> failed attempts to install Visual C++ and Visual Studio 2015
>> while none of you others are seeing any use of Visual
>> C++/Studio is because it shows up in my tracebacks when it
>> fails. In an XP SP3 or later Windows these minor
>> installations would succeed and the user would never know
>> they occurred,

If you mean the 'minor' installation of VS2015, I think people would
have noticed. It took one hour and twenty minutes on my machine for
Windows 7. Including 10 minutes to update .NET to the latest version (a
mere 4.5GB download).

And there would have been a page where you told it what parts you wanted.

--
bartc