[Ask for Review] Scalpl: A lightweight wrapper to operate on nested dictionaries (yet another)

guillaume.paulet at giome.fr guillaume.paulet at giome.fr
Mon May 29 13:51:45 EDT 2017

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to share with you the work I have done for the past few days.
It is the first time for me to make my code public, so I would really
appreciate if some of you find time to give me feedbacks and tips
regarding this project :)

So, here is Scalpl !
https://github.com/ducdetronquito/scalpl

It is a lightweight wrapper that helps you to operate on nested
dictionaries through the built-in dict API, by using dot-separated
string keys.

You might find it useful when working with document-oriented database
queries, REST APIs, configuration files, etc...

It's *not* a drop-in replacement for your dictionaries, just syntactic
sugar to avoid this['annoying']['kind']['of']['things'] and
prefer['a.different.approach'].

The benefits of Scalpl are the following:

     - Faster than addict or Box.
     - Allows you to use the entire dict API 'with.this.kind.of.keys'.
     - Almost no instantiation/conversion cost, it's just a wrapper.

You can install it via pip (Python3 only):

> pip3 install scalpl

Have a great week :) !

Guillaume