adding type hints to one of my projects, things learned

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri May 26 07:51:58 EDT 2017

On Thu, 25 May 2017 08:37 am, Irmen de Jong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to share my experience with adding type hints to one of my
> projects.

Thanks for the write-up!

[...]
> Right now, I am not really sure if I want to continue to use type hints.
> In Tale I probably will because it now has them everywhere already, but
> my other projects have to wait.

Static typing for Python is being driven by the needs of very large projects
with many developers and a need for automated testing. It won't always be a
good fit for the needs of small or medium-sized projects

But thanks for giving it a chance, I'm sure the core devs will learn from
this.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.