How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Thu May 25 19:11:30 EDT 2017

breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote, on Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:23 PM

> On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 10:32:56 PM UTC+1, Deborah Swanson wrote:
> > > Michael Torrie wrote, on Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:57 PM
> to 9.0.1.
> >
> > It's a long thread. You just didn't find it.
> >

> You've never attempted to upgrade pip that I can see.  You
> were invited to do so
> https://www.mail-archive.com/python-list@python.org/msg426173.
html but apparently didn't bother.

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.

I apologize. I wrote it up, with the traceback, but the group had moved
on and I decided not to send it.

Unfortunately I deleted that message and now I no longer have a pip to
run

python -m pip install --upgrade pip

So I can't make another traceback. But the upgrade attempt did uninstall
the old pip, which is why I don't have one now, and it died trying to
install Visual Studio 2015.

Deborah