Yet another Python SNMP lib

Kouli dev at kou.li
Thu May 25 12:15:12 EDT 2017

> Unsure why you mention C. Python has a solid and efficient
> implementation of SNMP with PySNMP, and except a misunderstanding about
> how SNMPv3 should work, it seems better to use it than relying on
> Net-SNMP which has many bugs and nobody really willing to correct them.

Wow. I'd like to excuse the authors of PySNMP: from what I had seen
mentioned on internet, I thought it differs from Net-SNMP mainly in being
written in pure Python and having lower performance. I wish I had skimmed
through the PySNMP documentation before as I have done few minutes ago :-)

PySNMP solves many of issues mentioned in my original message. I can just
add a better (more suitable to me) "OSM" (object - SMI - mapper). You are
right, Vincent: sorry for even mentioning Net-SNMP bindings.

Milan