Emacs command to select only lines indented below a specified level

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 23 18:54:10 EDT 2017

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> E.g.:
>
>     M-9 C-x $          # Indentation >= 9 disappears.
>     C-u C-x $          # Indentation >= 4 disappears.
>     C-u 1 3 C-x $      # Indentation >= 13 disappears.
>     C-u C-u C-u $      # Indentation >= 64 disappears.
>     C-x $              # All lines reappear.

I got one of those wrong (obviously; it's missing the actual ‘C-x $’
command). Here they are again:

    M-9 C-x $             # Indentation >= 9 disappears.
    C-u C-x $             # Indentation >= 4 disappears.
    C-u 1 3 C-x $         # Indentation >= 13 disappears.
    C-u C-u C-u C-x $     # Indentation >= 64 disappears.
    C-x $                 # All lines reappear.

--
 \      “I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a |
  `\                  full house and four people died.” —Steven Wright |