Scala considering significant indentation like Python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon May 22 15:13:30 EDT 2017

On 05/22/2017 07:59 AM, Jussi Piitulainen wrote:
> I am the inventor of multiple ends on the same line. This way, in a
> language where all of several nested constructs end with an end - not
> going to name the language but it's Julia - instead of
>
>                 end
>             end
>         end
>     end
> end,
>
> one combines the uninformative lines into one by writing
>
> end end end end end,
>
> and with four-space indentation the ends align neatly with the starts.
> Technically, the ends on the remaining line of ends are backwards.

Kind of reminds me of LISP.  Lots of closing parenths, and often then
just all get stuck together on a long.  But I guess that's why they
invented paren matching shortcuts in editors.  To make it easy to see if
you have them matched up.  This works with braces too.  Perhaps there is
a plugin for Vim to jump back and forth between the beginning and end of
a blog?  Wouldn't be too hard to just look at indent.