Scala considering significant indentation like Python

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sun May 21 23:53:05 EDT 2017

The creator of Scala, Martin Odersky, has proposed introducing Python-like
significant indentation to Scala and getting rid of braces:

    I was playing for a while now with ways to make Scala's syntax
    indentation-based. I always admired the neatness of Python syntax
    and also found that F# has benefited greatly from its optional
    indentation-based syntax, so much so that nobody seems to use
    the original syntax anymore.

https://github.com/lampepfl/dotty/issues/2491

--
Steve
Emoji: a small, fuzzy, indistinct picture used to replace a clear and