How to install Python package from source on Windows

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat May 20 15:11:24 EDT 2017

On Sun, 21 May 2017 04:11 am, bartc wrote:

> You've reduced
> the job of building a set of kitchen units to hammering in just one
> nail

"Where's the fridge go?"

"You don't need a fridge. Just put things outside, in the snow. When it
snows."

"Okay, how do I install a gas oven?"

"Sorry, you can't have a gas oven. It has to be an electric stove only."

"Oh. I see there's a single-lever mixer tap on the sink. Can I have an
old-style tap with two handles? The water here is too hard, it plays merry
hell with the cartridges in mixer taps."

"No, that's not supported. It has to be a mixer tap, or nothing."

"Oh, you've installed a garbage disposal unit in the sink. But I'm not
connected to the sewerage system, all my waste water goes to a septic tank,
so I can't use an garbage disposal system."

"Garbage disposal unit is a hard requirement of this kitchen."

"Sorry, this really doesn't suit my needs."

"What? But don't you realise how easy it is to install???!??! Look at all
the cupboard room, you could fit enough pots and pans for an army in this
kitchen, and all it takes is one nail to install!!! That's all, one lousy
nail!!! What's wrong with you that you don't see how fantastic this is???
Ungrateful wretch."

--
Steve
Emoji: a small, fuzzy, indistinct picture used to replace a clear and