Python subprocess error win 10

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri May 19 10:58:27 EDT 2017

Havalda Andrew wrote:

> Dear Python team,
>
> I have encountered a problem with Python 3.6 version, when I open IDLE it
> sais: "Subprocess startup error". I attached a photo of it.

This is a text-only list, so we will not be able to see any pictures.

> And after I
> click "Ok" it closes. I can not even use IDEs either. (I can not run a
> single print statement...)
>
> I am using Windows 10  on a Dell laptop.( It is quite embarrassing that I
> have recently bought this laptop for my python engineering work.)
>
> I tried to reinstall Python and to use the 64-bit and the 32-bit version
> too. Neither of them worked. I also googled my problem but none of those
> solutions helped me.
>
> I would be grateful if you would help me solve this embarrassing problem.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Does the error message look like this?

            "Subprocess Startup Error",
            "IDLE's subprocess didn't make connection.  Either IDLE can't "
            "start a subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking "
            "the connection.",

Then try starting idle from the command line with the -n option. If it
starts there may indeed be a firewall that you have to reconfigure.

(If it still doesn't start there may be a module written by yourself hiding
a necessary part of the standard library -- but first check for the
firewall.)