How to install Python package from source on Windows

breamoreboy at gmail.com breamoreboy at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:05:42 EDT 2017

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 8:32:40 PM UTC+1, bartc wrote:
> On 17/05/2017 17:23, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 1:37 AM, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
> >> On 17/05/2017 15:13, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
> > [1] Does work on Windows. Install bash for Windows, or (on a
> > recent-enough Windows) just use the subsystem that Microsoft provides.
>
> So the answer is, switch to Linux. In other words, a cop-out.
>
> --
> bartc

Poor old Chris seems to be getting a little frustrated so I'll just repeat what I said previously.

<quote>
What is the problem with the documentation given here https://docs.python.org/devguide ?

Specifically:-

"and on Windows use:

PCbuild\build.bat -e -d"
</quote>

That is 24 key strokes, including ENTER, to do the build on Windows.  What is so difficult about this?

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.