How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Wed May 17 00:14:35 EDT 2017

Nathan Ernst wrote, on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:33 PM

> Deborah, long term, you have to realize that if you insist on
> sticking to WinXP, the rest of the world will, eventually,
> leave you behind.Software vendors want to support the fewest
> platforms/configurations as possible. XP is not supported by
> MS, so it makes no economic sense to an ISV to support XP.

Just to clarify, again (and again a dozen times), I will have a Linux
machine again as soon as it's possible within my constraints.

So please, all of you, stop beating me up about continuing to use XP. It
really is a fine operating system, but everyone else wants to get on
with their lives and stop supporting it. Not my fault, nor is it
something I should be continually beat around the head about.

I'm doing the best that I can.  I'd like to see you know-it-alls do it
as well as I have, as crippled up with something closely related to
hydrocephalus for the last 15 years that the doctors gave up trying to
diagnose in 2005 and dirt poor as I am. But I diagnosed it and I'm
slowly getting well from it, and  somehow I've managed to live in a
house with a nice garage and my trusty '76 Toyota pickup - and no it
wasn't my fairy godmother who gave it all to me. Some of us were born
thrifty and resourceful.

And I've been reading closely all the posts since I dropped out of this
thread. I saw no point in replying "that's nice, but I didn't know that"
to each one, but I'll definitely refer to this thread when I get this
far.

So thank you all.

Deborah