How to install Python package from source on Windows

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:52:19 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Deborah Swanson
<python at deborahswanson.net> wrote:

> Where did you find recordclass-0.4.3-cp34-cp34m-win32.whl?  There
> weren't any win32 builds on https://pypi.python.org/pypi/recordclass.

It's in the middle of the file list:

   recordclass-0.4.3-cp34-cp34m-win32.whl (md5) Python Wheel cp34
2017-04-17 17KB

Maybe you're looking at a cached page in your browser? But that
doesn't explain why pip doesn't see it.

> Maybe I can find an earlier 3 build that won't demand Visual C++.

The wheel doesn't need a compiler. It has an ABI tag because it
already includes the compiled extension module.