import docx error

Pavol Lisy pavol.lisy at gmail.com
Fri May 12 01:53:30 EDT 2017

On 5/10/17, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-05-10, RRS1 via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>
>> I am very new to Python, have only done simple things     >>>print("hello
>> world") type things.  I've really been looking forward to using Python.  I
>> bought Two books, downloaded Python 3.6.1 (32 & 64) and each time I try
>> this:

>> I get errors.
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "<stdin>", line 1 in <module>
>> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named docx
>
> You need to install the docx module:
>
>  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/docx
>  https://pypi.python.org/pypi

I am afraid https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-docx could be what he needs.

Using anaconda it could be better to do:

conda install python-docx  # but this doesnt work
or
conda install docx  # but this doesnt work too

Anaconda has channels. For example cjs14 channel includes docx.

But unfortunately it is only for python2 :(

conda install -c cjs14 python-docx
UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - python 3.6*
  - python-docx -> python 2.7* -> openssl 1.0.1*

PL.