import docx error

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu May 11 17:48:47 EDT 2017

[Please keep this on the list so that others can benefit (and so that I
can deal with it via my NNTP client).  Further replies will only
happen on-list.]

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 05:14:22PM -0700, somebody wrote:

> I need to go back before John, I guess.

Sorry, I have no idea what that means.

> I have downloaded Anaconda to Cinnamon Mint 18.1 64 bit where Python
> 3.6 exists.
>
> It will not start up.

The anaconda that I know about is the RedHat installer program (which
was originally written in Python, BTW), but I'm guessing that's not
what you're asking about.

> My naive question is: When I go to pypi for example, am I to download
> packages into python or Mint?

I don't understand the question: python is a language, Mint is a Linux
OS distro.  If you can't use your distro's package manager to install
the package you're looking for (see below), then here is how you
install a package from pypi:

  https://packaging.python.org/installing/#installing-from-pypi

> It seems that I have skipped a step where one creates a folder for
> these files.

I don't know why you would have to create a folder.

If you're running Mint Linux, then your first step is to look to see
if the Mint repositories contain the package you want.

 http://packages.linuxmint.com/
 http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=Serena

If Linux Mint doesn't provide the package you want, the the above link
shows how to install packages from from pypi.

If what you want isn't on pypi, then Google is your friend:

https://www.google.com/search?q=linux+mint+anaconda

  https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/install-linux
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siov5S0Qzdc

Is that the anaconda you're talking about?

Or is it one of these?

 https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=anaconda&submit=search

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If Robert Di Niro
                                  at               assassinates Walter Slezak,