I want to learn Python and how to benefit from the great Data Science packages - have some questions.

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon May 8 14:15:56 EDT 2017

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:03:57 AM UTC+5:30, Rahim Shamsy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hope you are well. I am currently in the process of learning the basics of programming in Python, and was just checking if I am in the right direction.

The tutorial https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/ is short and good.
Generally recommended

[You can adjust the version in left top corner]

> I have experience programming in C++ and Java, and want to learn Python for research work that I am doing. The research is regarding application of Machine Learning as a Data Analysis tool for application in the domain of smart infrastructure.

You will be fastest if you put aside ML and Analytics until you get through the tutorial.
Because python has the same core across a wide range of applications
And being comfortable with that core will reward you with less time wasted
later with minor confusions