Help Please ! Undocumented ERROR message so dont know how to fix the problem

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Tue May 2 09:11:12 EDT 2017

On 02/05/17 03:57, murdock wrote:
> I am having a problem that seems to persist. I have written a program that makes a mathematical calculation and uses a uses library that I have written. It had been working but somehow in playing around with it, it stopped....go figure!  But here is the thing, when I run the program it gives me a very ambiguous message with only a string as in:
>
> "The Receiver Noise Figure =  <function _Noise_Figure at 0x00000000063E5A60>  dBm"

This is not an error message.  This is Python faithfully printing out
what you asked it to print out.  Here's the line that does the printing:

     print ("The Receiver Noise Figure = ",Hamath._Noise_Figure," dBm" )

The weird-looking bit of the message is the representation of a
function, and lo! in the parameters to print() there is the function
Hamath._Noise_Figure.  Note that this is the function itself, *not* the
result of calling it, since you *don't* call it.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd