Help Please ! Undocumented ERROR message so dont know how to fix the problem

murdock darknetpoe at gmail.com
Mon May 1 22:57:50 EDT 2017

I am having a problem that seems to persist. I have written a program that makes a mathematical calculation and uses a uses library that I have written. It had been working but somehow in playing around with it, it stopped....go figure!  But here is the thing, when I run the program it gives me a very ambiguous message with only a string as in:

"The Receiver Noise Figure =  <function _Noise_Figure at 0x00000000063E5A60>  dBm"

now the program is being run under PyScripter

Function is called "Hamath" and has many functions in it but the one in question is:

def _Noise_Figure(BW,Signal_to_Noise,RX_Sensitivity):
    ''' calculates the noise figure of a receiver '''
#    import math

    return (174 + RX_Sensitivity - (10*log10(BW)) - Signal_to_Noise)

#

and the program that exercises that function is:

import Hamath
import math

def main():
#    import math

    BW = float (input ("Enter the Receiver Bandwidth in Hz"))
    Signal_to_Noise = float (input ("Enter the Signal to Noise in dB"))
    RX_Sensitivity = float (input ("Enter the RX_Sensitivity in dBm"))
#
    print ("The Receiver Noise Figure = ",Hamath._Noise_Figure," dBm" )
if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

I am told that the error message is NOT an PyScripter error but in fact a Python message. But I can not find it anywhere in any of the documentation hence I have not been able to fix my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.