VirtualEnvs (venv) and Powershell

Carl Caulkett carl.caulkett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 20:03:56 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I've just started to investigate VirtualEnvironments as a means of
preventing my 3rd party code becoming chaotic. I've discovered that
venv's can be managed quite effectively using Powershell. When
Activate.ps1 is run, the PowerShell changes to indicate that the venv
is active which is nice. However despite the official documention,
there doesn't seem to be a corresponding Deactivate.ps1. There is a
deactivate.bat but that doesn't appear to switch the paths back to
their pre-env state.
   What I would really like is a Git-Bash based alternative to
Powershell to manage my Virtual Environments. Has anyone dicovered
tools or techniques to achieve this?

Thanks for any response

--
Carl