newbie question re classes and self

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 22:50:44 EDT 2017

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 3:09:45 AM UTC-5, loial wrote:
> Can I pass self(or all its variables) to a class?
> Basically, how do I make all the variables defined in self
> in the calling python script available to the python class
> I want to call?

Your question, as presented, is difficult to understand, and
the phrase "variables defined in self", is quite absurd.

I'm making a wild assumption here, but perhaps you want to
"bulk-set" or "bulk-query" all the attributes of a class
instance externally? If so, depending on how the object was
defined, there are a few ways to achieve this.

However, my advanced powers of perception tell me that you
might be using Python in an incorrect manner, but i cannot
be sure until you explain this problem in more detail. So if
you can provide us a simple code example, or even psuedo
code, that would be very helpful.