Program uses twice as much memory in Python 3.6 than in Python 3.5

Jan Gosmann jan at hyper-world.de
Wed Mar 29 16:19:08 EDT 2017

On 28 Mar 2017, at 14:21, INADA Naoki wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Jan Gosmann <jan at hyper-world.de>
> wrote:
>
> I suppose smaller and faster benchmark is better to others looking for
> it.
> I already stopped the azure instance.
> [...]
> There are no maxrss difference in "smaller existing examples"?
> [...]
> I want to investigate RAM usage, without any swapping.

Running further trials indicate that the problem actually is related to
swapping. If I reduce the model size in the benchmark slightly so that
everything fits into the main memory, the problem disappears. Only when
the memory usage exceeds the 32GB that I have, Python 3.6 will acquire
way more memory (from the swap) than Python 3.5.

Jan