AH01215: ImportError: No module named PIL: - python script unable to recognize PIL when running from apache2 config

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:35:45 EDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:32 AM, Karim <kliateni at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/03/2017 18:05, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 2:59 AM,  <vishnuprasadh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please help if this wont resolve, I have to completely move away from
>>> python.
>>
>> How about, instead, moving away from CGI? Switch to Apache's
>> modpython. I've deployed several Python-based web sites without
>> difficulties.
>>
>> ChrisA
>

> Ah ok. What do you think of Django?

(Bouncing back to the list because I think the private message was
unintentional. Apologies if I'm misreading your intentions.)

Not hugely experienced with Django; I mainly use Flask. But they're
fairly similar in style and structure. Either way, you make yourself
an importable package/module that has all your code in it, and then
you set up WSGI so that Apache can call on you.

ChrisA