Using/compiling pyuno with Python 3.6

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 23:49:09 EDT 2017

On 03/27/2017 09:13 PM, Jim wrote:
> I don't know if this is of any help but I am running Mint 18 with Python
> 3.5 and I have a package installed called python3-uno which is described
> as "Python-UNO bridge". Maybe CentOS has a similarly name package.

You're right. In fact it looks like LibreOffice 5.3 at least ships with
Python 3.5 as part of the package, and comes with pyuno as part of that.
Try running the python binary from the LibreOffice install directory (on
my machine that is
/opt/libreoffice5.3/program/python).  I'm not sure how to work with
pyuno outside of the LO-shipped python.