Using/compiling pyuno with Python 3.6

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Mon Mar 27 21:40:12 EDT 2017

filtered wrote, on Monday, March 27, 2017 4:41 AM

> I am running CentOS 7.1 with LibreOffice 5.0.6.2.
>
> I have installed the official pyuno package from CentOS.
>
> I installed Python 3.6.1 from the sources and now I am trying
> to import pyuno which fails with
>
> ajung at dev.zopyx.com:~/src/docx> bin/python
> Python 3.6.1 (default, Mar 27 2017, 13:27:24)
> [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11)] on linux
>
> ajung at dev.zopyx.com:~/src/docx> bin/python -c "import uno"
> Traceback (most recent call last):  File "<string>", line 1,
> in <module>  File "/home/ajung/src/docx/uno.py", line 24, in <module>
>    import pyuno
> ImportError: dynamic module does not define module export function
> (PyInit_pyuno)
>
> Is there a straight forward way for compiling pyuno myself? I
> could not find any official documentation, links to various
> posts are older than 5 years...
>
> Andreas

I have no idea how to compile pyuno from sources. But if I were in your
place, I'd look for other repositories that might have pyuno. It's been
awhile since I had a Linux machine (it was also CentOS) and I generally
found multiple repositories to try when the standard one failed.