Escaping confusion with Python 3 + MySQL

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sun Mar 26 20:33:49 EDT 2017

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:13 am, Νίκος Βέργος wrote:

> OMG!!! It actually worked!
>
> Can't believe that 3 days in a row i have tried everything concerning
> string manipulation and mysql escaping nd the error was the UPDATE
> itself....

You tried everything except what we told you, over and over and over again:

READ THE MANUAL.

The error message told you it was a SQL syntax error, but no, you insisted
that you knew better, and refused to do what the error message said.

So you wasted three days due to your own stubbornness and laziness.

I have no sympathy for your self-inflicted problems.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.